I was reading the Valley of Vision last night, looking at some of the prayers. In one, Christ was referred to as ‘adorable’. I don’t know about you, but when I hear that word, I think of something cute… like a baby. How often do we say a baby, or dress, or anything else, is adorable ? Often. It prompted me to look up the definition of the word in the dictionary. The 2nd definition of the word says:
2. worthy of being adored.
Is a baby or a dress worthy of my adoration ? No. Only Jesus Christ is worthy.
1. the act of paying honor, as to a divine being; worship.
2. reverent homage.
3. fervent and devoted love.
1. to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
2. to pay divine honor to; worship.
3. to like or admire very much.
May the heart of the believer find Jesus Christ purely adorable.